Visit North Yorkshire
As the largest county in England, North Yorkshire has a wealth of tourist attractions and some notable hidden gems too! Here is a selection of our favourites, all readily accessible from Sandsend.
- Staithes – a quaint fishing village and now home to CBeebies “Old Jack’s Boat”.
- Runswick Bay – one of the prettiest villages on the North Yorkshire Coast.
- Grosmont – The North Yorkshire Moors Railway steams regularly through here.
- Goathland – wind swept moors and “Heartbeat country”.
- Danby – home to the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
- Robin Hoods Bay – Jurassic fossils aplenty and end of the Coast to Coast walk.
- Ravenscar – with spectacular views across the sea and the odd seal or two!